October 18th, 2010
Have you ever gone camping, and the middle of the night you hear weird sounds that spook you? It could be a big great giant monster out there… in your parents’ back garden…
16 October 2010
And this weekend, I decided, wisely or not, that BubbaBee and me will do our art together… which resulted in total chaos! She started painting with her fingers, but wasn’t satisfied as she wanted to use a brush just like me. So I gave her paint brushes which she then proceeded to eat the paint with. When I took the brushes away, to protest… or maybe be more creative than I ever would, used her bum to mix the colours. So I present to you her first ever contribution to Illustration Friday for the subject SPOOKY:
October 14th, 2010
This is a very simple recipe. I used dark chocolate drops and omitted any nuts so it is a safe biscuits to introduce chocolate to your one year old child… and as the biscuit is now approved by Bubba Bee, I can put it up for all to use.
1tsp vanilla essence
375g plain flour
1 1/2tsp baking powder
100g dark chocolate drops
- > preheat the oven at gas mark 4/180C
- > beat the butter/margarine, molasses, egg and vanilla essence in a bowl until creamy.
- > sift the flour and the baking powder in and fold.
- > fold in the chocolate drops.
- > take a tablespoonful of the dough into the palm of your hand, make it into a small ball, press it flat and put it onto a greased baking tray… and repeat.
- > bake them for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- > let them cool on the tray for a couple of minutes and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely… or have some with a cup of coffee when they are still nice and warm! Heaven on earth…
October 13th, 2010
Yes, I’ve already sent in my doodle but yesterday, I saw a photo of Bubba Bee in an old tyre at the play area of the nearby farm… with her hands up and looking very proud of herself… and I wondered what she was really thinking about.
Than I thought of when I was a child, how my brother and I used to play… and I thought of the time when we were at the back of my grandparents house underneath the coconut trees sitting in boxes pretending they were rockets blasting off to space.
Maybe Bubba Bee thought she was in a balloon rising up into the blue sky…