We were watching Big Cook Little Cook on cbeebies and they decided to make some pancake meal for whoever it was that came to their cafe. And I thought, pancakes for tea would be nice. So, that was what we had.
125g self raising flour
1/2tsp cinnamon powder
2tbsp unrefined caster sugar
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and cinnamon. Add the caster sugar, mix and make a whole in the middle.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg and milk. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry bowl and whisk lightly and quickly to make a batter with thick cream consistency.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heal and pour a little oil in it. I used a paper towel to spread the oil evenly. Drop a ladle full of batter into the pan and use the back of the ladle to evenly distribute the batter into a circle.
- Cook the pancake for 1-2 minutes until bubbles rise to the surface and burst, and turn the pancake over and cook for another 1-2minutes. Remove from pan and repeat until you finish the batter.
- The pancake is ready to be served and I just drizzled some chocolate syrup all over it to the delight of Little Bee.